Don’t miss this chance to perform at McCallum Theatre and work with industry professionals. Join a cast of outstanding local performers in this fully produced talent project that has become a McCallum audience favorite. Review the Project eligibility, schedule and details below and visit this site in October to enter Open Call.
Finalists compete for multiple top awards and receive a cash stipend.
Awards & Stipends
Grand Prize - $5,000
2nd Place - $2,500
Audience Favorite - $2,500
Talent Achievement (Vocal/Dance/Instrumental/Specialty) - $750
Solo Stipend - $250
Duet Stipend - $500
Small Group Stipend - $750
Ensemble Stipend - $1,000
Entry Deadline: January 21, 2023
Live auditions: February 8 & 9, 2023
Rehearsals: March 11 & 12 and April 17-20, 2023
Performances: April 21-23, 2023
All performers must:
- show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination
- be at least (8) years of age
- reside within a 45 mile radius of McCallum Theatre
- not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your wages from performing
- commit to the entire rehearsal/performance schedule above
Application Process & Details
- There is no cost to enter.
- Complete the electronic application form and upload a video file per piece entered. Audio files are no longer accepted.
- A maximum of (2) entries are allowed per performer/group. Separate log in information, electronic forms and video files are required per piece entered.
- All electronic files must be clearly labeled with the performer/group name and title of performance piece.
- Maximum length of performance piece - (5) minutes
- Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time/performer limit will not be processed.
- The video file must contain only the piece being entered. No exceptions.
- Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate review.
- Family friendly material only. No off color language or mature subject matter allowed.
- Once your entry is received it will be reviewed by a screening panel.
- Performers will be selected to audition live at McCallum Theatre before an audition panel based on the materials submitted.
- Finalists, selected from the live audition, will perform for a live audience at McCallum Theatre.