Submission Deadline Options
Date: April 1, 2020
Cost: $60 per piece ($20 discount)
Date: May 15, 2020
Cost: $80 per piece
- Complete an electronic application form and provide a video link per piece submitted.
- Multiple works per choreographer may be submitted. Separate log in information, electronic forms and video file are required per piece.
- Choreographers may submit work in both divisions
- The Festival reserves the right to make division recommendations based on the body of work received. The goal is to maximize the Festival's ability to present deserving work
For choreographers working with professional dancers of seasoned artistry and fully mature technique
Dancers must be at least 18 years of age
Choreography must not exceed 11 minutes
For choreographers working with pre-professional dancers from aspiring and emerging companies, colleges and studios.
Choreography must not exceed 7 minutes
- Incomplete materials or those exceeding the Festival time limits will not be processed.
- The video file must contain only the choreography being submitted. No exceptions.
- Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate judging of choreography. A straight shot with very few edits is preferred.
- Finalists will be selected for both divisions based on the materials submitted.
- Finalists chosen will travel to Palm Desert, CA to perform the submitted choreography live at the McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts before a general audience and panel of judges and compete for cash awards.
- Finalists are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
- Finalists are responsible for obtaining and providing all necessary documentation if traveling to work from outside of the country. Without proper documentation, stipend and award money will not be sent.
- Finalists will be posted here no later than August 30, 2020.