DONOR RELATIONS MANAGER
McCallum Theatre, Palm Desert, California
To apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The McCallum Theatre is recruiting a Donor Relations Manager who will manage the solicitation of gifts and donor memberships benefits for the Theatre, work closely with Associate Vice President and Director level fundraisers in all areas of Gift fundraising, donor cultivation, and membership benefit distribution, and cultivate a personal donor portfolio.
The McCallum Theatre
Founded in January-1988 the McCallum Theatre quickly became the Coachella Valley’s premier performing arts institution and for three decades has been serving multiple constituencies with world-class performances as well as celebrated community-based arts education programs. The Theatre is acclaimed as one of the finest performing arts centers in the nation and regularly tops national and international sales charts, and is a Pollstar World Top 50 Theatre in recognition of its substantial ticket sales, a significant achievement given our market and 1,127-seat capacity
Title: DONOR RELATIONS MANAGER
Reports to: Associate Vice President of Development
Personal and Professional Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience required. Proven track record of raising funds and donor cultivation. Experience in high-level front-line customer service required. Ability to work independently with initiative and follow through creating and managing projects through completion. Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability of major gift fundraising, Software proficiency: Word, Excel, Power Point. Knowledge of contact management software, database software Raiser’s Edge proficiency strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits
The Theater offers a competitive salary and a generous employee benefits package:
- Blue Shield Platinum Group Health Insurance, paid entirely by the Theatre. The cost of family coverage is additional.
- Life Insurance -- $25,000 coverage provided at no cost to employee.
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment – provided at no cost to employee.
- Short Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee
- Delta Dental Insurance – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- VSP (Vision Service Plan) – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- Long Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee.
- 401(K) with 6% company match
- Section 125 – Flexible Spending Account
Palm Desert, California
The City of Palm Desert was incorporated in 1973 and today numbers more than 50,000 year-round residents. It is centrally located in the heart of the Coachella Valley in southeastern Riverside County. Known as the educational, cultural and retail center of the desert communities, it is only 125 miles east of Los Angeles and 15 miles east of Palm Springs. The key industries are hospitality, tourism, service and retail.
A major center of growth in the Palm Springs area, Palm Desert is a popular retreat for "snowbirds" from colder climates (the Eastern and Northern United States, and Canada), who swell its population by an estimated 31,000 each winter. Recently Palm Desert has seen more residents become "full-timers", mainly from the coasts and urban centers of California, who have come for affordable but high-valued home prices.