McCallum Theatre, Palm Desert, California
To apply: send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The McCallum Theatre is recruiting an Executive Assistant who will provide administrative support to both the President & Artistic Director and the Vice President of Development.
The McCallum Theatre
Founded in January-1988 the McCallum Theatre quickly became the Coachella Valley’s premier performing arts institution and for three decades has been serving multiple constituencies with world-class performances as well as celebrated community-based arts education programs. The Theatre is acclaimed as one of the finest performing arts centers in the nation and regularly tops national and international sales charts, and is a Pollstar World Top 50 Theatre in recognition of its substantial ticket sales, a significant achievement given our market and 1,127-seat capacity
Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President & Artistic Director and Vice President of Development
Responsibilities: The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President & CEO and the Vice President of Development.
- Assist the President & CEO and the Vice President of Development with high-ranking administrative duties and projects as directed.
- Composes and maintains highly sensitive and confidential correspondence and documents for and on behalf of the President & Artistic Director and Vice President of Development.
- Will schedule appointments and meetings; participates in Theatre leadership meetings and committees at the staff level; and record, prepare and distribute leadership meeting minutes.
- Organizes various social functions on behalf of the President & Artistic Director, Vice President of Development and hosts visitors and dignitaries.
- Donor recognition: maintains and updates the Circle of Friends Donor Wall, the Avenue of Stars and the Contributors Listing.
Personal and Professional Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 4-years of high-level administrative experience supporting senior staff leaders in a non-profit organization handling highly-sensitive and confidential information, correspondence and documents.
- Comfortable using computer systems and proficient using Microsoft Office Standard 2019 software.
- Experience using fundraising software systems preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The Theater offers a competitive salary and a generous employee benefits package:
- Blue Shield Platinum Group Health Insurance , paid entirely by the Theatre. The cost of family coverage is additional.
- Life Insurance -- $25,000 coverage provided at no cost to employee.
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment – provided at no cost to employee.
- Short Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee
- Delta Dental Insurance – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- VSP (Vision Service Plan) – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- Long Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee.
- 401(K) with 6% company match
- Section 125 – Flexible Spending Account
Palm Desert, California
The City of Palm Desert was incorporated in 1973 and today numbers more than 50,000 year-round residents. It is centrally located in the heart of the Coachella Valley in southeastern Riverside County. Known as the educational, cultural and retail center of the desert communities, it is only 125 miles east of Los Angeles and 15 miles east of Palm Springs. The key industries are hospitality, tourism, service and retail.
A major center of growth in the Palm Springs area, Palm Desert is a popular retreat for "snowbirds" from colder climates (the Eastern and Northern United States, and Canada), who swell its population by an estimated 31,000 each winter. Recently Palm Desert has seen more residents become "full-timers", mainly from the coasts and urban centers of California, who have come for affordable but high-valued home prices.