Vice President of Development
The award-winning McCallum Theatre is seeking a Vice President of Development to join its leadership team in support of one of Southern California’s premier performing arts venues.
The VP of Development plays a highly visible role in philanthropic and donor cultivation efforts, supervising a staff of nine and engaging donors in a variety of top-level fundraising initiatives while personally soliciting significant leadership gifts.
The McCallum will provide an exceptional development professional the opportunity to lead a comprehensive resource development strategy in support of McCallum’s ongoing success. The opportunity offers a highly generous compensation and benefits package.
The McCallum is committed to diversity in all areas of their work and strongly encourages women, BIPOC candidates, and those from underserved communities to apply.
To access a full position profile and application details go to www.alberthallassociates.com/opportunities.
Executive Assistant to The President and Ceo
Job Purpose and Summary: Provide administrative support services to the President & CEO and serves as liaison to the Board of Trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the President/CEO with high-ranking administrative duties and projects as directed.
Serves as the liaison between the Board of Trustees and staff in the absence of the President/CEO, keeping the President/CEO fully informed of all issues. Coordinates all Board of Trustee correspondence, communication and scheduling,
Composes and maintains highly sensitive and confidential correspondence and documents for and on behalf of the President/CEO and Board of Trustees. Schedules appointments and meetings, participates in Theatre leadership meetings and committees at both the staff and Board levels; and records, prepares and distributes Board, committee and leadership meeting minutes. Coordinates administrative office management services.
Organizes various social functions on behalf of the President/CEO and/or the Board of Trustees and hosts visitors and dignitaries.
Minimum Experience Required: Minimum of 5+ years of administrative and supervisory experience handling highly sensitive and confidential correspondence and documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: Knowledge of required recordkeeping for non-profit organizations with voluntary Board of Trustees. Comfortable using computer systems and proficient using Microsoft Office Standard 2019 software. Experience working with fundraising software systems preferred.
To apply: please send email with resume to email@example.com
Opening for Vice President Sales, Marketing and Guest Services
The McCallum Theatre is recruiting a Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Guest Services who will be responsible for increasing the McCallum Theatre reputation and brand awareness, managing customer relationships and increasing earned revenue.
The McCallum Theatre
In January-1988 the McCallum Theatre was founded with the mission to provide Coachella Valley residents with a world-class performing arts center to serve our unique desert community. The Theatre is acclaimed as one of the finest performing arts centers in the nation and regularly tops national and international sales charts, and is a Pollstar World Top 50 Theatre in recognition of its substantial ticket sales, a significant achievement given our market and 1,127-seat capacity
Title: Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Guest Services
Reports to: President and CEO
Responsibilities: The Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Guest Services will lead Sales, Marketing and Guest Services for the McCallum Theatre.
- Plan and oversee all Theatre business and market development; customer engagement and satisfaction; the management of market research data; the direction and management of digital, and print advertising; and the growth of earned income.
- Lead a box office and sales department that provides exceptional customer service and is a profit center for the organization.
- Work cooperatively with the Communications and Development staff to increase brand awareness and to ensure compliance across all marketing and communications channels, including print and digital media.
- Create and implement audience development plans that uncover new patrons for the McCallum Theatre. Plan and implement marketing and sales strategies that that increase ticket sales and maximize revenue.
- Conduct an annual marketing analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth. Prepare and present regular marketing and sales reports to the President and CEO and recommend strategies for improvement and innovation.
- Leads the Front of the House Manager and staff (including Volunteers and Food and Beverage staff) to always exceed customer expectations and to develop meaningful and lasting customer relationships from first customer contact to reminiscence. Represents the voice of the customer internally, ensuring the entire McCallum Theatre organization understands, and adapts to our customer needs. Work with all departments to successfully resolve customer issues with exceptional solutions.
- Supports executive staff, Board members, and other volunteers in all aspects of sales, marketing and guest services, provides training/coaching as needed. Is an exceptional communicator and an articulate, passionate and credible public presence for the Theatre and an effective, strong, inspirational and focused leader in the community.
- Manage the annual sales and marketing objectives, budgets and expenditures
Personal and Professional Qualifications
The following criteria describe the general nature and level of experience to be found in viable candidates. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all professional and personal qualifications. The successful candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10-years of increasingly responsible sales, marketing and guest services leadership experience, preferably in theater, concert promotions or a performing arts center.
- Knowledge of contract management, ticketing systems, data management software, internet software, project management, and Microsoft Office Standard 2019 software.
- Exceptional verbal, written, reporting and electronic communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills, self-motivated and well organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, seasonally driven environment.
Salary and Benefits
The Theater offers a competitive salary and a generous employee benefits package:
- Blue Shield Platinum Group Health Insurance , paid entirely by the Theatre. The cost of family coverage is additional.
- Life Insurance -- $25,000 coverage provided at no cost to employee.
- Accidental Death/Dismemberment – provided at no cost to employee.
- Short Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee
- Delta Dental Insurance – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- VSP (Vision Service Plan) – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
- Long Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee.
- 401(K) with 4% company match
- Section 125 – Flexible Spending Account
Palm Desert, California
The City of Palm Desert was incorporated in 1973 and today numbers more than 50,000 year-round residents. It is centrally located in the heart of the Coachella Valley in southeastern Riverside County. Known as the educational, cultural and retail center of the desert communities, it is only 125 miles east of Los Angeles and 15 miles east of Palm Springs. The key industries are hospitality, tourism, service and retail.
A major center of growth in the Palm Springs area, Palm Desert is a popular retreat for "snowbirds" from colder climates (the Eastern and Northern United States, and Canada), who swell its population by an estimated 31,000 each winter. In the past couple of years Palm Desert has seen more residents become "full-timers", mainly from the coasts and urban centers of California, who have come for affordable but high-valued home prices.