Opening for Director of Ticketing Services
McCallum Theatre, Palm Desert, California
The McCallum Theatre is recruiting a Director of Ticketing Services who will be responsible for the leadership, direction and supervision of the Ticketing Services Department, ensuring a superior patron experience and sales generation, and the management and implementation of all ticketing aspects of the Tickets.com/ProVenue ticketing system.
The McCallum Theatre
Founded in January-1988 the McCallum Theatre quickly became the Coachella Valley’s premier performing arts institution and for three decades has been serving multiple constituencies with world-class performances as well as celebrated community-based arts education programs. The Theatre is acclaimed as one of the finest performing arts centers in the nation and regularly tops national and international sales charts, and is a Pollstar World Top 50 Theatre in recognition of its substantial ticket sales, a significant achievement given our market and 1,127-seat capacity
Title: Director of Ticketing Services
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing, Sales and Guest Services
Responsibilities: The Director of Ticketing Services will lead the Ticketing Services Department for the McCallum Theatre.
• Manage, hire, train, Lead, inspire, evaluate, coach and develop employees in the Ticketing Service Department.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Ticketing Services Department that results in efficient and accurate transactions, streamlined and updated processes and practices, that provides exceptional customer service for all patrons, and is a profit center for the organization.
• Build, manage and analyze ticketing systems within ProVenue, including series, pricing charts, packages, venues, promotional offers, and updates that result in updated systems, timely training, optimum productivity, cutting edge technology, efficient sales flow, and seamless customer service transactions.
• Develop strategies that result in the achievement and growth of sales metric which includes: preparing daily and weekly sales reports, analyzing sales patterns and buying trends, and managing the content of online sales programs and offerings.
• Collaborate with other departments to achieve institutional revenue goals.
• Manage the annual ticketing and sales objectives, budgets and expenditures
Personal and Professional Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess:
• An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 1-years of experience managing a Ticketing Services Department in a Performing Arts Center.
• Knowledge and experience with ticketing systems, databases and the ability to successfully utilize the Tickets.com/ProVenue Ticketing System.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Standard 2019 software.
• Exceptional verbal, written, reporting and electronic communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills, self-motivated and well organized.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with a varying work load and work in a fast-paced, seasonally driven environment.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
The Theater offers a competitive salary and a generous employee benefits package:
• Blue Shield Platinum Group Health Insurance , paid entirely by the Theatre. The cost of family coverage is additional.
• Life Insurance -- $25,000 coverage provided at no cost to employee.
• Accidental Death/Dismemberment – provided at no cost to employee.
• Short Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee
• Delta Dental Insurance – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
• VSP (Vision Service Plan) – provided at no cost to employee. Dependent coverage is additional.
• Long Term Disability – provided at no cost to employee.
• 401(K) with 4% company match
• Section 125 – Flexible Spending Account
Palm Desert, California
The City of Palm Desert was incorporated in 1973 and today numbers more than 50,000 year-round residents. It is centrally located in the heart of the Coachella Valley in southeastern Riverside County. Known as the educational, cultural and retail center of the desert communities, it is only 125 miles east of Los Angeles and 15 miles east of Palm Springs. The key industries are hospitality, tourism, service and retail.
A major center of growth in the Palm Springs area, Palm Desert is a popular retreat for "snowbirds" from colder climates (the Eastern and Northern United States, and Canada), who swell its population by an estimated 31,000 each winter. Recently Palm Desert has seen more residents become "full-timers", mainly from the coasts and urban centers of California, who have come for affordable but high-valued home prices.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org