This Valley-wide talent competition is the perfect opportunity
to showcase your talent! If you sing, dance, play an instrument, juggle, do
magic, comedy, or another self-contained novelty act, here's your chance to
perform at the McCallum.
Cash prizes will be awarded to the grand prize, 2nd place and audience choice
award winners. In addition to the cash award, the grand prize winner will be featured at a McCallum Theatre event!
- The Helen Turner Grand Prize Award - $2,500
- 2nd Place Award - $750
- Audience Choice Award - $750
- Solo - $100
- Duet - $200
- Small Group - $300
- Ensemble - $500
Finalists will appear on stage at McCallum Theatre in four performances. At the 7pm performance on Thursday, April 17 and Friday, April 18 and the 2pm performance on Saturday, April 19, the audience will participate by voting. Audience votes will carry the weight of one judge’s vote in the final performance at 7PM on Saturday, April 19, where winners will be announced.
How to Enter
Deadline for receipt of entries is January 3, 2014
Entries should be sent to:
McCallum Theatre Institute
73000 Fred Waring Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260
- • There is no cost to enter Open Call.
- • Complete and submit
one application form per entry.
- • A maximum of (2) entries
are allowed per performance group or individual.
- • Submit your
performance piece(s) on DVD or CD.
- • Submitted DVD/CD should include only your entries.
- • All
materials must be clearly labeled with the performer's name
and title of performance piece.
- • Maximum length of performance
piece - (5) minutes
- • No off color language allowed.
- • Once your entry is received
it will be reviewed by a screening panel.
- • Approximately
(70) entries will be selected for live auditions.
- • If your entry
is selected you will be contacted no later than January 20,
- • Participants selected for live auditions will perform
live before an audition panel.
- • Finalists will perform for a live audience at McCallum Theatre in four performances on Thursday, April 17, Friday, April 18 and Saturday, April 19, 2014.
Who Can Enter
- • All performers must be at least (8)
years of age.
- • All performers must reside within a 45 mile
radius of McCallum Theatre.
- • All performers must be non-professionals,
i.e. you may not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your
wages from performing.
- • All performers must commit to the entire rehersal / performance schedule.
- • Performances must be totally
- • A piano, microphone, and sound system will
be provided by McCallum Theatre.
- • Props are permissible,
however the placement of the props must be completed within
2 minutes. All props must clear the stage immediately following
the performance. No littering of the stage is allowed.
|Note: Open Call 2014 rehearsals and performances are scheduled on Christian and Jewish holidays.Deadline for entries:
January 3, 2014
January 22 & 23, 2014, 5pm-9pm
April 11, 2014, 5pm-9pm
April 12, 2014, 9am-5pm
April 13, 2014, 12pm-9pm
April 14, 2014, 4pm-9pm
April 15, 2014, 5pm-9pm
April 16, 2014, 3pm-9pm
April 17, 2014, 7pm
April 18, 2014, 7pm
April 19, 2014, 2pm & 7pm
Open Call Application
View Complete 2012 Performance
View Complete 2011 Performance
Open Call 2013 Finalists
Open Call Sponsorship Opportunities
||The files above are
in PDF format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed,
you can get