Division I - November
7, 2015, 7pm
Choreographers working with professional dancers of seasoned artistry and fully mature technique ages 18 and up.
- $10,000 Grand Prize
- $3,000 Second Place
- Dance Under The Stars Award - Paid
Cash awards for all
Division I finalists according to the following scale:
- Solo - $500
- Duet - $750
- Small Group - $1,000
- Ensemble - $1,250
Division II - November 8, 2015, 4pm
Choreographers working with pre-professional dancers from aspiring and emerging companies, colleges and studios.
- $3,000 Grand Prize
- $1,000 Second Place
- $300 Junior Choreographer Award
(18 and under)
Cash awards for all Division
II finalists according to the following scale:
- Solo - $250
- Duet - $375
- Small Group - $500
- Ensemble - $625
Apply electronically beginning March 1st.
Submission Deadline Options:
Date: May 1, 2015
Cost: $60 per piece ($20 discount)
Date: May 15, 2015
Cost: $80 per piece
• Complete an electronic application form and upload a video file per piece submitted.
• Multiple works per choreographer may be submitted. Separate log in information, electronic forms and video file are required per piece.
• Choreographers may submit work in both divisions
• The Festival reserves the right to make division recommendations based on the body of work received. The goal is to maximize the Festival's ability to present deserving work.
-For choreographers working with professional dancers of seasoned artistry and fully mature technique
-Dancers must be at least 18 years of age
-Choreography must not exceed 11 minutes
-For choreographers working with pre-professional dancers from aspiring and emerging companies, colleges and studios.
-Choreography must not exceed 7 minutes
• Incomplete materials or those exceeding the Festival time limits will not be processed.
• The video file must contain only the choreography being submitted. No exceptions.
• Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate judging of choreography. A straight shot with very few edits is preferred.
• Finalists will be selected for both divisions based on the materials submitted.
• Finalists chosen will travel to Palm Desert, CA to perform the submitted choreography live at the McCallum Theatre for the Performing Arts before a general audience and panel of judges and compete for cash awards. (see awards listed above.)
• Finalists are responsible for travel arrangements and all other related expenses.
• Finalists will be posted here no later than
August 31, 2015.
||The files above are
in PDF format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader installed,
you can get
Phone: (760) 346-6505, ext. 142
McCallum Theatre Institute
73000 Fred Waring Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260
Photography by Jack Hartin
“Mouth to Mouth”, choreography by Danielle Agami, Ate9 Dance Company, 2014 Division I Grand Prize
“Ascension”, choreography by Lindsay Nelko, 2014 Division I Second Place Award winner
“After the Rain”, choreography by Lauren Edson, 2014 Division I Paid Engagement Award winner
At the Division I post-show party: Kajsa Thuresson-Frary, Festival Producer; Mitch Gershenfeld, McCallum Theatre CEO; Danielle Agami, Grand Prize Award winner; Lauren Edson, Paid Engagement Award winner; Lindsay Nelko, Second Place Award winner; Suzanne Farrell, Lifetime Achievement Award recipient; and Shea New, Festival Artistic Director
“The Wolves”, choreography by Dana Metz, 2014 Division II Grand Prize Award winner
“Fibonacci”, choreography by Spencer Gavin Hering, 2014 Division II Second Place Award winner
4th Annual Studio Project dancers from seven local dance studios and College of the Desert
8th Annual East Valley Dance Project dancers from Desert Mirage High and Toro Canyon Middle Schools in Thermal